The most effective treatment
WHAT IS NEUROTOXIN
Neurotoxin is the most popular anti-aging treatment in Cosmetic Dermatology, for the elimination of facial expression wrinkles. Neurotoxin is also used for neck wrinkles and for enhancing the facial shape. Apart from its cosmetic use, Neurotoxin is used in a variety of medical conditions, such as hyperhidrosis, blepharospasm, migraine and many more.
Neurotoxin is one of the most popular treatments, as it is a minimally invasive procedure, with immediate and spectacular results. It is an easy, fast and painless procedure, after which you can return immediately to your daily activities.
Neurotoxin is done with small intramuscular injections, targeting the muscles that we want to render less active and make them relax. Neurotoxin is acting, by reducing the transmission of nerve impulses to them.
When it is done correctly, from experienced Dermatologists or Plastic Surgeons, it does not paralyze the muscles, but relaxes them and makes you look younger, without altering the face’s natural features and expressiveness.
The areas where Neurotoxin injections are applied for the treatment of wrinkles are the following:
- Neurotoxin for forehead wrinkles (surprise wrinkles)
- Neurotoxin for glabellar lines (anger wrinkles)
- Neurotoxin for eye wrinkles (crow’s feet)
- Neurotoxin for neck wrinkles (nefertiti lift)
- Neurotoxin for décolletage wrinkles
- Neurotoxin for eyebrow lift
- Neurotoxin for nose wrinkles (bunny lines)
- Neurotoxin for correction of gummy smile
- Neurotoxin for mouth and lip wrinkles (smoker’s lines)
- Neurotoxin for lifting mouth corners (marionette lines)
- Stay upright and do not lie down, for 4 hours after having your Neurotoxin.
- Do not rub the injected area, immediately after your treatment and for the next day.
- Do not apply heat to the treated area for 3 days. The day of your Neurotoxin treatment, avoid using very hot water on your face or having a sauna bath.
- Avoid intense physical exercise for 3 days after BTX.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and taking aspirin for 3 days after BTX.
- Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic is the most advanced and modern Aesthetic Dermatology and Plastic Surgery Clinic. On a daily basis, our expert Dermatologists and Plastic Surgeons, perform numerous cosmetic BTX treatments, as well as, Neurotoxin treatments for medical conditions too, such as hyperhidrosis and migraines.
- Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic uses only officially approved Neurotoxin and you will receive your BTX product’s barcode, which ensures authenticity.
- We treat daily patients, who come to have treatments with us, from all over Greece and abroad and the treatments are exclusively administered by our medical team, which consists of doctors with many years of professional experience and expertise in Greece and abroad. This guarantees, the effectiveness of your therapy and excellent results.
- Dr Zografou, who is the Leading Doctor in Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic, is an Internationally recognized Expert in the field of Aesthetic Dermatology and Surgery and she is invited all over the world to present her results and teach other doctors. Every year, Dr. Zografou performs approximately 2500 Neurotoxin treatments for her International patients (London, Athens). She focuses on professional competence, care, and high-quality standards and she is obsessed, about delivering the very best natural looking results to her patients. Your face will immediately look more relaxed, youthful, wrinkle-free and most important will be absolutely natural, without compromising your expressiveness.
- In Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic, we take the time to provide you with detailed, competent and realistic advice and we are offering the highest quality medical services, in affordable prices.
Baby BTX is the favorite treatment of actresses, singers, and models, who must have a wrinkle-free face, but at the same time, must maintain their expressions.
Hyperhidrosis is a medical condition, characterized by excessive sweat secretion, which makes the patient’s daily life difficult, both at work and socially.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is Neurotoxin treatment painful?
The discomfort during the application is minimal and in fact, some patients do not feel any pain at all or others describe it as “mosquito bites”. If the patient wishes, we can apply a local anesthetic cream before the treatment, which eliminates any discomfort. Immediately after the treatment, one may return to his/her daily activities.
Does Neurotoxin have side effects?
No. In the hands of an experienced Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon, BTX has no side effects. Some slight bruising may occur in the area of injections sometimes, but it will disappear in a couple of days.
How long do the effects of Neurotoxin last?
For most of the patients, they last for 4-6 months. Neurotoxin injections need to be repeated, usually 2-3 times a year. It is clinically proven that when the treatment is being regular, it has a longer lasting effect.
Is Neurotoxin less effective over the years?
No. On the contrary, when Neurotoxin is being regularly repeated, its effect lasts longer and the wrinkles stay smooth for longer. It is also better if we begin its application when the first expression wrinkles appear, in order to prevent these wrinkles from getting deeper and become permanent.
What is the most appropriate age for someone to begin Neurotoxin?
This always depends on the skin’s quality and differs from case to case. It also depends, if a patient’s face is less or more expressive. It is always better if BTX treatments begin before the wrinkles become permanent. Medical studies have shown that Neurotoxin prevents the appearance of wrinkles if treatment begins at a younger age (28-30 years old).
Will my face get emotionless?
No. When Neurotoxin is applied by an expert doctor, it enhances your natural beauty and facial features, without compromising your expressiveness. A few days after BTX treatment, facial wrinkles gradually disappear, while normal facial expression remains unaffected.
When someone decides to stop the treatment, do wrinkles get worse?
No, under no circumstances. What happens is exactly the opposite. Neurotoxin prevents further and deeper wrinkle formation because, during the treatment period, the muscles have reduced activity.
Are there cheaper substitutes?
The authorized products are Neurotoxin Allergan and Dysport Ipsen. Anything else may be of suspicious origin, illegal, with uncertain results and potentially dangerous to your health. You should always make sure, an authorized product is used for your treatment.
Approved Neurotoxin products should only be used in certified Dermatology and Plastic Surgery Clinics and by a Dermatologist or a Plastic Surgeon. Be cautious about cheap prices and therapies taking place in hairdressing – cosmetic salons, Beauty centers, etc. as it is likely that in these cases, the quality and origin of the substance might be dubious and harmful.
COST – PRICES
The cost of BTX treatment depends on the area (the number and depth of the wrinkles) and the units of the product, which will be necessary.
The cost of treating an area begins at 80 euros and the cost of full-face therapy at 250 euros.
When I found Dr Zografou and I saw that she had been trained at Oxford University, I decided to visit her. I immediately built trust on her, after the consultation we had...
At the age of 40, I wanted to do sth for my face, as I didn’t like my wrinkles. My first thought was BTX, but I was afraid that my face will be distorted and look odd...More Testimonials
I visited the Clinic and the doctor surprised me. She is amazing, cooperative and very friendly. The Clinic is very modern and luxurious...
One of my colleagues came to Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic for BTX treatment and I really liked her result. I was thinking for a long time, to do something about...More Testimonials
I realized in our appointment the passion for her job and her desire to always have the best results. I feel very lucky that I found such a great doctor...
Since young age, I was an over-expressive person and that resulted in two deep wrinkles between the eyebrows. I read an article for Dr Zografou about her BTX...More Testimonials
Sign-up for our newsletter
and be the first to receive our latest offers and news