Enjoy a brilliant,
WHAT FRECKLES ARE?
The freckles (sun spots) are benign skin lesions, which gradually occur due to sun exposure and skin’s photoaging. They develop due to increased melanin production, as a natural process of protecting the skin, against sunlight. They usually appear on the face, hands, décolletage or in any other area which is sun exposed. They are light to dark, brown coloured lesions and are much more common, in people with fair skin.
These brown spots, also belong to the hyperpigmented skin lesions and are known by the medical term “Melasma”. They are brown patches of irregular shape and appear suddenly, after a hormonal imbalance (e.g. pregnancy, taking hormones) or after taking medications that cause photo-sensitivity.
Melasma usually appears on the face, especially on the forehead, upper lip and cheeks and it is totally related to sun exposure. Therefore, it is more intense in summer months, while it subsides or even disappears, in the winter.
- Genetic factors and predisposition
- Fair skin, sensitive to sun exposure
- Hormonal imbalances
- Melanocyte hyperactivity due to medication
- Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic is a specialized Clinic for Aesthetic Dermatology and Plastic Surgery that invests in state-of-the-art medical equipment. Our medical team consists of doctors, with many years of professional experience and expertise, who are highly trained and are experts in this field. We can address every wish for rejuvenation, you might have, regardless of the degree of difficulty and we guarantee for the effectiveness of our treatments and outstanding results.
- Only approved medical materials, that fulfil the European safety standards (CE) and (FDA) American standards are utilized, in our Clinic. Treatments are done with absolute transparency and safety and you will be given, the barcode of the product, used in your treatment, which ensures authenticity of the product.
- In Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic, we invest on innovative laser technology and we do have all types of lasers and more than 30 peeling therapeutic protocols, plus the expertise in their use with multiple evidence-based medical protocols, to offer you guaranteed results. We can help you regain a spotless face and achieve best skin quality, in just a few sessions. After the first consultation and evaluation of the problem, we can suggest the most appropriate treatment for you or the most effective combination of treatments, which give fastest results and can solve, even the most difficult problems.
- Moreover, in our Clinic, we offer high standards medical services, with high quality products and genuine devices, at affordable prices.
What are the available treatments?
Before any pigmented lesion is treated, it should be checked first by our qualified Dermatologists, for excluding the possibility of malignancy. Once this is done and we know for certain, what we are treating, then we will recommend the most appropriate treatment for you or a combination of treatments, to get the ideal results. Some of the treatments offered are:
These are medical creams that have hydroquinone, kojic acid and vitamin C, in specific concentrations and after regular application, they help the brown spots to gradually discolour.
The 3 in 1, complete facial treatment, due to the latest technology of the OxyGeneo device, offers spectacular results in the reduction of brown spots on face, décolletage and hands, while at the same time it oxygenates, hydrates and revitalizes the skin, from within.
You might need a light peel or a more intense one, depending on the type of your problem and the exfoliating, chemical solution used (e.g. trichloroacetic acid – TCA Peeling or AHA – glycolic acid peeling). The peelings are causing exfoliation, on the outer layers of the skin, thus helping, in the rejuvenation of the problematic areas. They are making the skin look and feel smoother and firmer, while they also result, in discolouration of brown spots, at the same time.
The Fractional Laser, acts both superficially on the epidermis, with exfoliating action, which treats efficiently brown spots, but also on the deeper layers of the skin, stimulating the fibroblasts, to produce natural collagen and elastin, with unique rejuvenating and anti-aging effects on the skin.
Laser Peel is a revolutionary treatment for brown spots, as it combines two effective therapies, Fractional Laser and Chemical Peeling. The Laser Peel, starts with the application of Fractional Laser that acts on the deeper layers of the skin, stimulating the fibroblasts to produce natural collagen and rejuvenating the skin, from within.
Immediately after the Fractional laser, we apply the chemical peel on the problematic areas. With this combination, the effects of revitalization and regeneration are maximized, as the selective scanning and penetration by the Fractional Laser, creates small microchannels on the surface of the skin. This is actually helping, the peeling solutions to penetrate deeper, into the problematic areas, making the Laser Peel treatment extremely effective, even after one session.
COST – PRICES
The cost of these treatments starts at 80 euros.
Call us, to find out the price of the treatment, you are interested in or our special prices for combined therapies.
And that’s exactly what I want to say. That is something simple, painless and economical. Just be sure that your doctor knows, how to distinguish blemishes from skin cancers...
I am going for Botox in this Clinic. In my last visit, Dr Zografou insisted on checking a brown spot, which I had on my face for years and recently changed in size. ..More Testimonials
It was worth talking to her, since she is perfectly trained and passionate about her job, always bringing innovative protocols from abroad. I had visited other doctors...
Due to my inappropriate skin care, I had sunspots on my hands and on the decolletage. That was bothering me and I wanted to do something...More Testimonials
have special whitening peelings every 15 days. The result is perfect and my mom is so pleased, as these blemishes were disturbing her a lot...
I went with my mom to Dr Zografou for the blemishes she had on her hands. She examined her with a special dermatoscope and when she was assured that...More Testimonials
Sign-up for our newsletter
and be the first to receive our latest offers and news