Hair Removal Laser
Get rid of unwanted hair growth,
at affordable prices
Laser Hair Removal
WHAT KINDS OF HAIR REMOVAL LASERS EXIST?
The laser, which is used most, is the Alexandrite hair removal laser that emits at 755 nm and this is the most effective laser for hair removal. Other hair removal laser is the Diode Laser, which emits at 805 nm and it’s safer for darker phototypes. Another one is the Nd- YAG laser, which uses a wavelength of 1064 nm that can be safely applied to darker phototypes (IV and V), as well as in tanned skins, during summer time.
- HOW DOES LASER HAIR REMOVAL WORK?
- WHEN IS LASER HAIR REMOVAL NECESSARY?
- FACIAL LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- IN WHICH AREAS OF THE FACE THE LASER IS APPLIED?
- WHAT SHOULD I KNOW BEFORE FACIAL LASER HAIR REMOVAL?
- IN WHICH AREAS OF THE BODY THE LASER HAIR IS APPLIED?
- BIKINI LASER HAIR REMOVAL
- WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE DERM & PLASTIC SURGERY CLINIC?
The sophisticated 7th generation hair removal laser is based on the theory of selective photothermolysis, which selectively targets hair follicles, while the skin remains intact, thus avoiding any side effects.
In the case of hair removal, the specific target is melanin (the pigment that gives the hair its colour), which absorbs the laser’s energy. After absorption, the light energy is converted into thermal energy, causing the selective destruction of the hair follicle. In this way, hair density gradually decreases, after repeated sessions, until it is permanently eliminated.
When the Laser Is More Effective
If the hair is in the phase of growth (anagen), when there is a higher concentration of melanin in the hair root, the laser is more effective, hitting the hair root and causing its destruction, thus inhibiting its re-growth. However, at any time, about 80 – 85% of the hair is in the anagen phase, only 10 – 15% in the catagen phase and the rest 1 – 3% in the telogen phase.
The ideal time for permanent hair removal, is when hair is in the anagen phase, as there is a higher concentration of melanin in the hair follicle and hence a greater absorption of laser energy. Although after the laser session, all the hair will fall, only those that are in the anagen phase will be permanently destroyed.
The rest will come back after a while, so repetitive sessions are required, until the laser reaches them all, at this specific phase of their life cycle (anagen) and destroys them permanently.
Besides the aesthetic reasons, laser hair removal is also indicated for specific medical reasons:
- When there is folliculitis, i.e. pimples after shaving, waxing or depilatory devices.
- In cases where spider veins have been developed after waxing, so the problem will not be aggravated further.
- In cases of hypertrichosis or hirsutism, as it offers excellent and long-lasting results.
- When the hair is trapped into the skin (ingrowing hair), causing scars and cysts.
- In cases of papillomas and condylomas in the genital area, ensuring that after successful treatment the problem will not recur, from mechanical injury to the skin during shaving.
- Cases with pilonidal cyst history, as the hairs are trapped in the intergluteal cleft and lead to inflammation of the area.
Facial hair is an aesthetic problem for women that none of the other hair removal methods (waxing, cream epilation) will solve permanently. On the contrary, these methods can also make it worse, creating pimples, brown spots, skin laxity and even reactive hypertrichosis.
Laser hair removal, is the best method to treat unwanted facial hair, with permanent results and eventually is the most economical.
The results are visible from the very first session. What you will first notice is a delay in the appearance of new hair and gradually thinning and decrease in hair density.
The number of sessions that are required for permanent results depends on hair density, skin colour and your hormonal profile. Full hair removal is achieved usually, after 8 – 10 facial laser treatments.
The facial laser application may involve the entire face or sub-regions of it, such as:
- Upper lip
The laser treatment requires that the hair has not been removed from its roots, for at least 2 weeks before the laser, therefore you should not have recently waxed, threaded, depilated with a device or tweezed your facial hair.
Before the laser treatment, if the hair is long, it is necessary to be trimmed, immediately before the laser’s application.
After the session a mild redness can occur, which may take a few minutes up to 2 – 3 hours to fade out. It is recommended, to use a good moisturizing cream, as well as sunscreen for a few days, after the treatment.
The Bikini laser is one of the most popular laser treatments. Hair removal with razor blades, creams, waxing and hair removal devices is a time consuming, costly and above all an ineffective process, since it does not solve the problem permanently.
At the same time, these traditional methods can cause folliculitis, infections and ingrowing hair problems.
The bikini laser hair removal can be applied for the most popular bikini styles, such as the bikini’s sides areas, Brazilian bikini, full bikini laser hair removal, etc. Comparing the total waste of time and money, involved in any conservative method, it turns out that Laser hair removal, is the most economical solution long-term.
No other method provides permanent hair removal, while all of them involve time and above all, expenses for repeating the procedure.
- Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic is a specialized clinic for Aesthetic Dermatology and Plastic Surgery that invests in state-of-the-art medical equipment. Both types of Lasers (Alexandrite and Nd-Yag) are available, which are combined with each other in several cases, creating a personalized program, in order to offer a complete result, which can solve, even the most persistent hair growth problems.
- In our Clinic, laser hair removal is regarded a medical procedure and therefore, there is always a dermatological assessment and supervision of the treatment. Before the application, a medical history is taken and the presence of moles, folliculitis and skin lesions is thoroughly assessed by our dermatologists. Laser hair removal, is done exclusively by specialized dermatologists, who have huge experience in the field of lasers. This is the key, to a very effective and safe treatment.
- In Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic we offer innovative and high-quality medical services, at affordable prices.
Is laser hair removal painful?
It is relatively painless and well tolerated by most patients, thanks to the special cooling system of the skin with cold air, during laser’s application. The sensation of the laser is like mild, barely noticeable stings. However, in those cases where patients are very sensitive, an anaesthetic cream may be applied locally, one hour before the treatment. In the subsequent sessions and as the hair density decreases, the discomfort is minimized.
Is there any laser hair removal preparation necessary?
- On the day of the laser session, the area should be clean and if it is the face, free of make-up.
- For about 3 weeks before treatment, do not use wax, electrolysis or tweezers in places, where laser hair removal is going to take place.
- You are allowed to shave, up to 2-3 days before laser treatment and after laser treatment if, for some reasons, you delay the next session.
- Avoid sunbathing and solarium, for parts of your body that will undergo laser hair removal. Also, is necessary to use a wide range sunscreen with SPF 30, for 1 week after your treatment.
- If you have a history of herpes zoster or cold sores, the Doctor should be informed.
Why several sessions are needed, in order to clean an area, from unwanted hair growth?
The hair grows in repetitive cycles (anagen, catagen, telogen) and only when it is in the active phase of growth (anagen phase), it contains enough melanin to absorb the necessary energy that the laser beam has. This energy is sufficient to destroy the hair follicle. When the hair is in one of the other phases of its life cycle, it contains little or no melanin and cannot absorb the energy of Laser.
Therefore, on the day of your laser application, hair follicles that are in the anagen hair growth are destroyed. A few weeks later, some of the hair that was in an inactive growth phase, has gone into the active phase again and now it’s their turn to absorb the laser’s energy. Whenever this procedure is repeated, hair density gradually decreases.
Can I shave between sessions?
Yes, you can shave or cut the hair. It is not allowed to use tweezers or waxing, as they remove the hair with its hair bulb and that way, there is nothing left for the laser to target.
What should I take care of, after laser hair removal?
- Immediately after treatment, there may be a mild redness and swelling at the site, which may last a few hours up to 24 hours and it is useful to apply a moisturizing body lotion, during this time period.
- Avoid sun exposure, until the skins returns to its normal appearance and always use sunscreen for a few days, after hair removal.
How many sessions are required?
Effective laser hair removal can be achieved with 6 to 8 sessions. Each session requires from 15 minutes to 1 hour, depending on the treated area. At the end of the session, you can immediately return to your daily activities.
Are there any side effects?
In our Clinic, laser hair removal is done with the latest 7th generation lasers, without any side effects. Adverse effects may occur only, when the patient does not follow the instructions given to him or if the laser treatment is not performed, by an experienced dermatologist or under his/her supervision.
Can laser eliminate white hair?
Unfortunately, the answer is no. The laser targets the black colour of melanin, at the hair follicle. In white hair, there is no melanin and therefore we will not have any effect there.
Can laser hair removal be done during pregnancy?
Laser hair removal does not have any risk for the baby. Many women continue laser hair removal, with the permission of their gynaecologist, during pregnancy.
Should I have specific tests before laser hair removal?
In our clinic, the doctor who assesses your medical history decides whether specific tests, such as hormonal control, are necessary before laser treatment.
Can I stop whenever I want, the laser hair removal method?
Laser hair removal is a procedure that suppresses the hair growth and you can stop it whenever you want, without any consequences.
What is the difference between Laser hair removal and IPL hair removal?
First of all, IPL is not a Laser and usually is misleadingly referred to as IPL laser hair removal, from some non-medical centers. IPL causes a general damage, which also causes hair root destruction, while Laser causes selective damage, only at the root of the hair.
IPL is producing a broad spectrum of wavelengths (like a light bulb) and cannot be focused to a specific, narrow beam. As a result, its action is not very strong and not as effective, for the treatment of unwanted hair, as the actual laser hair removal and therefore more sessions are needed.
The biggest part of IPL energy, is absorbed by smaller, more superficial targets. In order to heat deeper targets, like the hair roots, higher levels of energy are required, therefore the risk of burns and other unwanted side effects, such as hyperpigmentation is increased.
On the contrary, laser acts much more precisely and with higher safety, as it is capable of selectively reaching its target (selective photothermolysis), leaving the surrounding areas intact.
7th Generation Laser Alexandrite
at the most AMAZING PRICES
Laser Hair Removal
they have state-of-the-art lasers. It’s amazing, as this modern laser can be done on tanned skin also and I don’t need to stop my laser treatments during summer time!...
I’m visiting Derm & Plastic Surgery Clinic for Laser Hair Removal, as they have state-of-the-art lasers...More Testimonials
Laser Hair Removal
I didn’t have the slightest irritation. I’ve already booked an appointment for laser hair removal, as a gift to my mother, as their prices are particularly affordable and the results are fantastic!...
I had laser hair removal in this Clinic and I was absolutely pleased. It was done very carefully, with attention to the details and I didn’t have the slightest irritation...More Testimonials
Laser Hair Removal
I was having laser hair removal in another doctor, but it was not the same effective. Furthermore, they have very modern and pleasant treatment rooms in this Clinic and you really enjoy it during the treatments...
Cutting – Edge Lasers with highly trained staff. I visited the Clinic for laser hair removal and they started the treatments, after taking my medical history and doing a skin examination...More Testimonials
Sign-up for our newsletter
and be the first to receive our latest offers and news